Data download simplifies the export of database table data from your site into CSV format to be used in other places.
- Simple, standard Joomla install (no hacks, no overrides)
- Simple admin interface
- Field label generator
- File date and name options
- Quick download from admin or create front end menu item
- Hash check in URL to protect from unauthorized access
DataDownload is in its first version, but we have more features planned, including:
- Query wizard for beginners or custom queries for the more advanced
- Query validity checker
- More file export options (xls, sql,...)
- Query generators for Virtuemart, HikaShop, RedShop, and other data-critical components
- Download logs to track exports
Please get in touch to tell us what you think, and don't forget to leave a review on the Joomla Extension Directory here
If you have an export with a lot of fields and the component is not generating all of your field labels properly, you can actually use the component to fix the component (which I think is quite clever):
- Create a new dataset query in the DataDownload admin panel as you normally would
- Use the query: alter table #__datadownload_datasets change field_titles field_titles Longtext;
- Give the query a title, and the rest of the settings are not required. Save.
- Click on the link in the admin panel to download the csv- it'll be empty/useless, but you need to do this to run the table update
- Refresh the field titles in the dataset that was missing titles and it should do the job
- If successful you can remove the query. If it doesn't work, get in touch
This issue will of course be fixed in the next release, due 24th March.
Go to: Data Download Support forum